Wednesday 8 October 2008

Love To Travel - Hate To Pack


So, I am preparing my trip to the United States of A in the moment, the husband will be there for one week, it´s business for him an leisure for me. We will be going to Cincinnati, and I will fly on to Peoria, thats somewhere in the middle of nowhere around Chicago to visit a friend of mine. He´s flying business, I´m not. ARRRRGH, well, fair enough his company is paying for his flight and we are paying for mine. Since I knock myself out on planes anyway it´s not that bad. Just went to the doctor today and he prescribed me some pills. They have this deep blue color, makes me feel like Morpheus is about to offer me to stay in wonderland or find out what´s all behind this. I prefer wonderland. ZZZZZZZ

Anyway. I have a connecting flight via London and to make things even worse, it´s with two different airlines so I can´t check through. Already looking forward to getting up at 5:00 on Saturday.

Anyway, I love to travel but packing is a nightmare for me. Whoever invented traveling light and that stupid 20KG limit needs a serious spanking. I will be gone for a week. So I need at least, 5 pairs of trousers, 4 pairs of shoes, 7 seven shirts, 4 polo shirts, 3 pullovers. 2 jackets, 1 coat, 14 boxer briefs, lots of t shirts, a ton of socks, at least 3-4 kilos of toiletries, an overnight bag, a messenger bag, my notebook, several chargers, 3 books, umbrella, scarfs, gloves, ties etc. So can anyone tell me how on earth I am supposed to make all that fit into 1 (ONE) suitcase which is not heavier than 20 kilos. I will try, but I know that I will fail.

Why didn´t I live in the time when it was perfectly OK to travel with half a dozen oversea trunks? Sigh.

3 comments:

misskate said...

Amen! And I actually travel marginally lighter than you and I still have to smile pretty to get my bag(s) past the desk attendant.

Oh, oh, one suggestion is to check in the night before and use the automated kiosk. I was able to get two bags to Australia that way with a combined weight of well over 20 kgs.

Depends on the airline, though, I am sure.

Bossy Boots said...

Oh Ulli. Why pack so much? It leaves so little room for purchases.... ;-)

Bossy Boots said...

Tick, tick, tick....need new posts. :)