Saturday 4 October 2008

Everybody Has A Soft Side...

Even me. While surfing the net I mostly listen to music randomly on Itunes, with 65 Gigs of music there are songs I own, but never heard before since I buy the whole Album if I like a song from an artist.
10 minutes ago I found myself zoning out, falling in love with a song. It´s a tad older, but it gives me a warm and cozy feeling. It´s Snow Patrol´s "Set the fire to the 3rd bar" a wonderful duet featuring Martha Wainwright, Rufus Wainwaraight´s sister.
Martha´s voice has a fragility that carries me away, this longing in her voice is so fascinating.
The lyrics are tacky but so are the three words every single one of us wants to hear, to feel complete.
I hear them, I say them, I see them ,but most importantly I feel them. Every day! I am very grateful for that.




So, this was my emotional post for this season, can we get back to my old sarcastic self please.
I could write something about Snow Patrol´s front man and that I think his life performances remind me of someone with autism, but I won´t.


No comments: