Sunday 22 March 2009

Party In The Suite

Hmm, let me think, what blog worthy did happen in the last months. Oh, the Sindy New years party. Now that was something fabulous.

Nir, who is organizing the Sindy parties, somehow did not manage to be in time to secure a nice location, maybe there was a financial aspect as well, for a Christmas ball end of last year. So it was a new years ball instead.

The last Christmas ball was in a tent behind some building near the UN. SO NOT FABULOUS! It took ages to get in, waiting in the rain, spending an other hour at the coat check which was managed by the omnipresent volunteers. In my eyes it´s more like slavery, but hey, if they enjoy doing shit work for no pay, be my guest, I have some tasks for you as well.

Anyway, this year it was at a proper location, the Intercontinental Hotel. They just remodeled their lobby and some of their rooms, so the design was up to date.


I decided to rent a room for the festivities, so my friends and I were able to change and have a drink before the party downstairs would kick off. It was a black tie event so tuxedos and evening gowns were in order. Oh how I love events like that.

I invited some of my friends and organized who is bringing what.
My friend Phoebe picked me and Lynn up at home and we drove to the Interconti around 8 that evening. While checking in, I got carried away and upgraded to a suite. So worth it. We had a nice sitting area, a nice long table where we could put all the food and a big bathtub which would soon be filled with tons of ice and booze.


Everyone arrived around 2100 and we started to get ready for the party. Ordering ice from room service, an ironing board because some people wanted to add the finishing touch to their outfits, prepared all the food and drinks and started the night.

Well, the ball itself was not that spectacular, as expected. Lot´s of horny men in cheap suits, girls in stunning dresses, crappy music, the live band was horrible, and totally overpriced drinks.

We spent most of the night in the suite calling friends who were at the party as well, inviting them up to the room, getting plastered, in style though, on the booze we brought and going down every 1,5 hours or so to check if the ball was still boring.

Some of us lasted longer than others, so some people fell asleep on the huge king size bed, which is completely fine, why have a big bed in the room and not using it.

By 2:30 I had enough as well and kindly kicked the remainder of the people out and went to bed. I contemplated going home for a second, but why go home when I payed for the room?!

I slept like a rock and woke up around 12 the next morning, slightly hung over, cleaned the room, luckily I brought some 60L garbage bags, checked out, jumped into a car, which the hotel provided free of charge, very nice of them, and went to Becky´s place for some brunch.

That´s what I call a fabulous weekend. The fact that the husband was in the US and that I had to work before going to the ball was a bit of a bummer, but I guess you can´t have it all.

I think I will throw another party like this soon, this time without the ball.
As stated in a previous blog, I do love Hotels and why not have some nice parties in them.

Alright, blogging in the bus is kinda weird, but in a fun way. The computer is so small that it fits without a problem in my bag. Oh, on a side note, I got Jørn for Valentines day, and I LUUUUUUV it. ;)

I guess I will blog a bit more now since I found a way to use the dead time I have everyday in public transportation to do something fun.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am soooo happy I was part of that party!! It was great and you are the best host ever!! XOXO