Wednesday 16 April 2008

Hotels

The first time I can remember staying at a hotel was when I was 5 years old and I loved it and I still love staying in Hotels. I don´t exactly know what it is that I love about hotels that much but I feel instantly at home. Maybe because some people say my apartment looks like a hotel. I like the reduced clutter free look. No red walls to scare me away, no porcelain figurines to gather dust. I love symetry and I love understatement in terms of interiour design. More is less sometimes.

I stayed in a very lovely hotel last weekend, if I weren´t that busy running around town meeting as many people, I haven´t seen in a while, as possible I could have stayed in my room the whole time. Maybe because the hotel was located in the hip and happening media harbour district of Düsseldorf or maybe because the view I had from my room. The first three years of my life I grew up right opposite the hotel. They are buidling a new house there in the moment but the whole area feels so much like home, I loved it.

Huge bed all for me with a great view. What else can you wish for.

I had to get used to the concept of the open shower though. But I guess it can be great fun watching the other half. You are also able to watch TV through the glass when you are under the shower and there is a speaker right next to the shower head, so you are good to go. I want that at home!

Hotels are simply FABULOUS!

No comments: