Wednesday 21 October 2009

Stuff I´m Not Going to Miss


Seriously?

After living in Geneva for 4 years, you tend to get used to Geneva prices.
Everything is more expensive here and you only notice it when you are abroad, realizing that things are so cheap elsewhere. 11$ for a vodka tonic at the Pure club in Vegas? What a bargain, you pay the same at Calamar in Geneva!

But every now and then it´s over the top expensive. A vodka ginger ale at Java is 59 CHF if you do not specify that you want a single shot long drink, otherwise they give you a double shot without asking. Ouch!

I had coffee with a friend today and they charge you 7 CHF for a cafe au lait, or renverse how they call it here. I think that is a little bit steep, even for Geneva.

I am looking forward to Amsterdam, where you can sit in a chic bar, where the beats are bumping, the people are pretty and a cocktail is 8 EUR.

You should follow me on twitter here.

2 comments:

Bossy Boots said...

I can't argue with you, of course, but the biggest slap in the face *always* comes from bad service. Paying high prices is one thing, but don't expect me to sit there and accept bad service at the same time. :-S

Bossy Boots said...

Knock, knock...posting police.... :)